Snack Tips For Working From Home
Working from the comfort of your home can be satisfying. There's no commuting for long periods of time, and you get the perks of working in your pjs! However, working from home can also present a unique set of challenges including distractions, a less productive work environment, and the temptation of snacking more frequently. This can negatively affect your health and weight loss goals. But don’t worry Mamas, we’ve got you covered with these low calorie, highly nutritious snacks!
This list below are Slim Mama approved snacks for you (and the kids) to munch on while working from home:
- Cottage cheese mixed with berries
- Diet Jelly - a lifesaver! Throw some berries in there for texture.
- Carrot chips! Cut up some carrots, spray them with a bit of olive oil spray, sprinkle them with some of your favourite herbs, spread in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper, then bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes at 200˚C.
- Low calorie chocolate mousse - low fat yoghurt mixed with ½ scoop Slim Mama Shake
- Roasted chickpeas - rinse, drain and dry the chickpeas, spray the chickpeas with a little olive oil and salt, roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes at 200˚C
- Slim Mama snack recipes! Check out our recipes section.
- Low calorie ice blocks - pour zero calorie lemonade into ice block moulds and freeze. You can also add berries or any fruit.
- Frozen grapes… if you haven’t tried this, you must immediately!
- Frozen protein yoghurt - mix low fat yoghurt with ½ scoop Slim Mama Shake and pour into ice block moulds. Freeze.
- Seaweed crisps... delicious and low in calories! You can find these in most supermarkets. They are high in iodine which is important for thyroid function.
- Air-popped popcorn
- Tomato chips (yep that's right, tomato chips!) - lay sliced tomatoes on a cutting board and sprinkle generously with salt. Let sit for 15 minutes. Pat the tomatoes with a paper towel to soak up the moisture, flip the tomatoes, re-salt, and let sit for another 5 minutes. Repeat the process with the paper towel. Spray a flat, microwaveable plate with olive oil spray, arrange the tomato slices on the plate and spray them with cooking spray, and microwave for 5 minutes. Remove the plate, carefully flip the tomatoes, and microwave for another minute.
Stay safe and healthy during this time Mamas! We’re all in this together.